Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Big Break III

I hope whoever might be reading this has seen the Big Break III finale, because I'm going to ruin it for you if you haven't. If you're like me, it's not that big of a deal anyway. I actually forgot it was on and had to Tivo the later showing and watched it this morning. The whole season, while mildly entertaining, was not on the level of seasons 1 and 2. That's not a knock on the ladies or anything. Maybe it's just too much of a good thing. I don't think there was enough time between season 2 and 3 to make for a good build up.

Anyway, as far as last night's finale goes, going into it I would have to say I was pulling for Pam over Danielle. I tried to give Danielle the benefit of the doubt, and was actually pulling for her a little throughout the series, but she got to where she kind of grated on my nerves. At the same time, Pam showed a little questionable games(wo)manship in the final match. Even so, I was still pulling for her at the end. Danielle seems to have such an ego on her, I think it would have been cool to see her get beaten by the most inexperienced of the group.

Win or not, Pam's got game. She was spraying it all over the course in that final match, yet she was still able to keep things going until the 17th hole. To have been only playing 3 years and be at that level, is amazing. I've been playing the game for close to 20 years, and I'm still in hacker territory. As for Danielle, she's got game too. She could whoop my butt any day of the week. But I think she doesn't have as much game as she thinks she does.

0 comments: