Saturday, June 18, 2005

A New Obsession

Ok, I'm going to admit it. I have a new obsession, and it's called podcasting. No, I don't have a podcast. I have become obsessed with listening to podcasts. I have always liked to listen to talk radio, and also to bring some tunes, talk, or whatever with me when I'm playing alone on the golf course. And before anyone asks... no, I don't have a boombox strapped to the back of my cart. I have headphones.

Anyway, podcasts seem to fit well with me. Mainstream music is not all that great to me right now, and TechTV is gone, so I can't get any good tech content on TV. But I can download some good tech-related audio and maybe find some good independent tunes (not really found any good music podcasts yet, but I won't get into that right now) via podcasts.

Now, from the searching I've done, there seems to be a very small percentage of podcasts out there that are actually good, but there also seems to be something out there for almost anyone. I say 'almost' because I have yet to find a podcast relating to golf. It would seem that there is a lot to talk about with the sport. There's always tournament news, instruction, or maybe even dedicate each show to one specific golfer. I don't know. I'm not a producer or anything. I'd just like to be able to listen to golf while I'm playing golf.

For anyone interested in podcasting, there are several sites out there where you can find out what you need to know. My current favorite is Podcast Alley.

0 comments: