Monday, August 29, 2005

Golf GPS 'Caddy' System

The new 'Caddy' system can be clipped to a belt or golf bag and will provide exact read-outs of distances to bunkers, ponds and greens. Uses gps technology. Not sure what's so special about this thing, as I've been seeing Peter Jacobson push the Sky Caddy on the Golf Channel for weeks.

My thoughts on this are probably not the most traditional. I can't afford a real life caddy, and even if I could, not many courses around these parts even offer caddies. So I don't see anything wrong with using technology to basically give me the same advantages that tour pros get. As long as everyone else has the same technology available to them, I don't see anything wrong with it.

read more | digg story

1 comments:

Erik J. Barzeski said...

There are a few articles - reviews, opinion pieces, news - at The Sand Trap about the SkyCaddie. Just do a search like http://thesandtrap.com/skycaddie.