Monday, September 05, 2005

Have I Lost Interest?

Obviously, I've not been posting a lot of golf-related stuff of late. I think the reason is that there's not a lot going on in the world of pro golf right now, and neither is a lot going on in my own personal quest to become a better golfer.

After the majors, I guess the next big thing that peaks my interest is going to be the Presidents Cup coming up at the end of the month. It's not surprise that the USA vs. the International Team is not as big to me as the Ryder Cup. It just doesn't have as much history to it yet, even though the players on the International team are usually more familiar to me than the European team of the Ryder Cup. Also, after last year's debacle, I hesitate to get too worked up about it, lest I become sorely dissapointed again.

On my own personal front, I've just not been into the game that much this season. I don't know why. It just seems like I go through these phases where I either don't have time or just don't care about it that much. Next year I might play every day, but I've pretty much given up on this season. It's funny, because earlier this year I shot the best round I've had in several years, but still didn't have any real desire to go back out and build on it.

One other interesting thing that I'm looking forward to is the Big Break IV on the Golf Channel. Looks like they're going to go for some kind of Ryder Cup feel with a USA vs. Europe thing. It will be interesting I think. I just hope I don't end up disliking everyone on the US team.

0 comments: