Tuesday, September 20, 2005

We're All Spoiled

I just had a thought with regards to how pampered and spoiled we have become in today's society. I was just looking on my desk and admiring how small my iPod Shuffle is and got to thinking about how it's neat and all that it's so compact, but like many others, I wished it had some sort of display. Then it hit me. Back in the day, back when I was in high school in the 80's, my portable CD player, which was huge by comparison, didn't have any real display to speak of either. Sure, you could tell on the little digital readout what track was playing, but for it to display the actual track name wasn't even something that was considered. Now, I understand that CD's didn't have near as many tracks to have to keep up with and therefore it was easier to remember which track was which, but my point is that today people (even me) seem to get caught up in criticizing what something doesn't have, rather than appreciating what we do have.

0 comments: