Wednesday, December 28, 2005

AllPeers for Firefox

So apparently someone is working on what will essentially be a P2P Firefox extension called AllPeers. At first glance, it looks like a nice little tool and I'm sure I'll be giving it a test drive once it comes out. I have to admit though, while I enjoy all the great Firefox extensions out there, and this one seems to be right up there with the best of them, I'm afraid the "peers" or "P2P" monikor will end up sullying Firefox's name to those out there not in the know. It doesn't help that apparently AllPeers will have a bittorrent client built into it.

Firefox has been slowly gaining on IE in terms of popularity. Folks are finally beginning to realize that it helps cut down on spyware and is just an overall better browser. I would hate to see it's popularity diminished because the uninformed masses start thinking of it as the next Napster or Kazaa.

1 comments:

charles edwards said...

Firefox and the extensions or add ons now avaiable is a must for anyone serious in the Internet market place I am a golfer who is also an online marketer and as I sit outside my home in Polaris World I have my laptop infront of me and I could not compete with other sites without the help of firefox.