Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Faldo Joining The Golf Channel

So this is pretty cool news. Like him or not, it looks like Nick Faldo will be joining The Golf Channel when it's PGA Tour coverage takes off in 2007. I have to admit, back in the day when Nicky was playing and appeared a bit robotic and personality-less (and was waxing my hero Greg Norman at every major it seemed), I was not a big Faldo fan. Since he has become a TV personality, however, and according to some reports mellowed out a little bit, I find myself enjoying his commentary... although admittedly he can go off on some wild tangents now and again. Anyway, I think this will be a good move for The Golf Channel, for Faldo, and for the Fans.

1 comments:

Top 100 Golfer said...

Brilliant move on the part of the golf channel. With Nick Faldo and Renton Laidlaw, they will have the two best golf announcers on TV.