Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ratings for PGA Jump With Woods' Win

Tiger Woods' victory at the PGA Championship helped the TV ratings increase 22 percent from last year. CBS' final-round coverage Sunday drew an average overnight household rating of 7.2 with a 16 share. That's up from last year's 5.9 rating with a 13 share for Phil Mickelson's victory.

I honestly don't understand these figures, as I stopped watching once I realized that no one was gonna catch Tiger. And that's not just because it's Tiger in the lead. I have the same reaction to any golf tournament I'm watching where the competition is no longer in question. I guess that's why I have slowly been finding myself watching more LPGA golf lately. It seems no matter who is playing and how small or big time the tournament is, it's always close.

read more | digg story

0 comments: