Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Product Review: Ballzee

** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SITE HAS OFFICIALLY MOVED TO MY NEW URL, RUBOFTHEGREEN.ORG, BUT I WILL BE POSTING TO BOTH SITES FOR THE TIME BEING **

Did you ever notice how Phil and Tiger toss their golf balls to Bones and Stevie once they mark them on the green? Me too. I've often wondered why golf ball cleaners are only located on the tees on a golf course, when as we all know, one of the most critical times for a golf ball to be free of any kind of dirt and grime is on the green. Of course the reason is because there's really nowhere to locate a ball cleaner around the green and have it be out of play our out of the way.

Ballzee Golf Ball CleanerEnter the Ballzee. The Ballzee is one of those products that is so simple, yet so handy. It's one of those "why didn't I think of that?" type of products.

The way the Ballzee works is simple. It's a plastic outer shell that surrounds a cloth-like interior. Before you tee off on the first hole, you simply put water on the cloth interior, put the Balzee in your pocket, and then you have it to clean your golf ball on the green.

I've found it works surprisingly well, especially this time of year, when conditions find my golf ball picking up a lot more mud and dirt than usual. I can tell it will also be handy later on in the year when my local course likes to sand the greens and my golf ball ends up picking up a lot of sand either when it lands on the green, or after my initial putt.

Anyway, click on this link if you are interested at all in the Ballzee, and especially if you want to look into getting a bunch as gifts or door prizes for a golf outing. They're not too expensive, and they really do work very well.

0 comments: