Wednesday, August 18, 2004

David Gossett

The Golf Channel has an article up about David Gossett and his struggles since his U.S. Amateur win a mere 5 years ago. I went to the Fed Ex St. Jude Classic in Memphis a couple of years back and man, this kid has got game. Of course, he's from the Memphis area and is probably more comfortable there than at other tour stops. Horses for courses and all that. But David has been struggling mightily this season, with only $21,250 in earnings and 2 cuts made. I guess it shouldn't amaze me that the mental side of the game figures so much in the pro ranks. I mean, everyone and their father seem to have near perfect swings these days, so the only explanation for why one guy is more successful than another is that some let their brains get in the way more than others.
 
I sure hope David gets out of his funk soon. He seems like a nice kid.
 

0 comments: