Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Major Recap

Well, that's another major in the books, and another win for Tiger Woods. It was a good final round I thought, as Sunday at the Masters usually. Matter of fact, it was one of the best in recent memory I thought, right up there with Phil's win last year.
 
I was most impressed with Chris DiMarco and his relentless pursuit of Tiger. Some would have said going into the final round (me being one of them) that DiMarco didn't have much of a chance to catch Tiger, with Tiger playing as well as he was and DiMarco seemingly choking on the final 9 of the third round. But DiMarco showed a lot of guts and, to me anyway, Tiger showed that he's still not quite the force he was in 2000.
 
I think it's a combination of things. First off, Tiger's swing, while looking better all the time, is still not as repeatable under pressure as I'm sure he'd like it to be. And second, I think most of the guys on tour aren't looking at him anymore as the unstoppable force. Let him throw together a few more wins this year and that may change, but for now I think everyone sees him as a little more human that he used to be.
 

0 comments: