Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Tournament Time

Got myself a little tournament coming up the 7th of May. Actually, it's not that big of a deal, just a little 4-man scramble for charity. It's something I started playing in about 3 or 4 years ago when my boss offered to sponsor me (foot the bill) if I could get a team together. I didn't think much of it. I'm not much of a tournament golfer, but figured since he was offering me a free day of golf, I shouldn't pass it up. So I got a team together and we ended up shooting 7 under. Not great, but considering our high handicaps and the fact that the winners (much lower handicaps) shot 14 under, we were pretty pleased.
 
All in all it was a fun day and has been one of the highlights of the season for me ever since. I didn't get to play last year because I had to be in a friend's wedding, so I'm really geared up for it this time. My current goal is to get myself back down to 200 pounds by the day of the tournament. As of this morning, I've got 9 1/2 pounds to go. With just 3 1/2 weeks remaining, it's going to be difficult, but not impossible. My biggest obstacle coming up is that I will be attending a conference for 2 days next week, which will most likely throw me off my diet at least a little bit.
 
I plan on posting updates to this blog as I make progress toward my goal in the next few weeks, as a little bit of a motivating factor.
 

0 comments: