Monday, August 15, 2005

Validation

I've often wondered, and unfortunately I'll never know for sure, if winning one's second major was more difficult than the first. Phil Mickelson won his second today, ridding himself of the title "Best Player Lucky Enough To Win Only One Major".

Validation is the word that comes to my mind. Proof that you're as good as everyone thinks you are and that you can get it done at crunch time. The thing is, and what's great about the game of golf, I can kind of know how it feels too, by dropping a 20 footer on the 18th hole on a Sunday afternoon at my local club tournament. Golf doesn't know that I'm not a pro playing for millions of dollars, and neither does my heart.

Props to Phil. If I'd known predicting Tiger to win would produce these results, I'd have started doing it a long time ago.

0 comments: