Tuesday, October 04, 2005

USGA To Allow Rangefinders

I've been meaning to post about this for a few days now, but I've been kind of lazy. Apparently, the USGA has decided to make a huge amendment to one of their rules, allowing electronic rangefinders to be used in tournament play. Rangefinders have been used for years by amateurs, but until now, have never been allowed during tournament play. The new rule doesn't allow rangefinders across the board, but does allow clubs to make rangefinders legal via their own local rule.

I think this is a move in the right direction, and a move into the 21st century for the USGA. As I have stated before, PGA Tour Pros have essentially the same information fed to them from their caddies from week to week, and I think I should be allowed the same information, even though my local club doesn't have caddies.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

You have a great site, congratulations! There I was browsing for information on golf course when I came acrosss your site, whilst we dont exactly match for my golf courseI sure enjoyed the read.
Its amazing what you find whilst you are browsing.
I have bookmarked your site
Keep it up

Regards
golf course