Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Double T to the G

Tommy and Ashley made it to the final nine holes last night in the Big Break: Reunion. I felt bad for Big Mike, but he simply didn't play well enough to advance. He was actually lucky to get it back to a sudden death situation. Ashley let him back in it with her poorish play in the final two or three holes. In the end though, I think the right two players have advanced.

As indicated by the title of this post, I am still ultimately rooting for Tommy to take it all. I wondered a couple of weeks ago when he played in Wachovia if that indicated a level of confidence that he had gained from winning the Big Break. I suppose we will all know next week at this time. I am worried a little bit about the Tomster though. His tee-to-green game seems to be "on", but we all know most of the time match play comes down to putting. Of the two, Ashley is clearly putting better.

Will her putting allow her to take the match, or will it simply allow her to stay in the match? Will Tommy catch fire on the greens and make the last question moot? Will Barefoot Dave ever shut up? Will Bri and Tommy have a little celebration after the match, whether he wins or loses? Is the sky blue? Is Bri rooting for Tommy or Ashley at this point? Will Gary ever be as good as he thinks he is? Am I just making up stupid questions at this point because my game sucks and I enjoy living vicariously through these people?

These are the hard-hitting questions people. And the answers might someday save our lives. Or perhaps more accurately, 20 minutes after the show is over, none of us will care.

0 comments: