Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Big Break Reunion: Donny's Exit

Wow. What an excellent example of why some guys can make it on the tour and some can't. I can't believe the bonehead decisions made by Donatello in this episode, starting with the decision to actually compete in the elimination in the first place. He had a free ride, worked hard to get it, and when the time came to use it, he didn't. It didn't make any kind of sense. It's one of those episodes where you wonder if it was scripted.

And then they get to the elimination, and he did what? He chips out of a waste area? He putts from 30 feet off the green? As Tommy said, it was definitely an indication of his nervousness. And if he couldn't control his nerves, he shouldn't have even been in the elimination.

Did he get to keep the money? He got the car, but did he have to not get eliminated to win the money too? I thought I saw a graphic that said that, but at the end he said he won a car and some money. I was confused.

At this point, I'd like to see pretty much any of the remaining four in the final match. I'm rooting for Two-Gloves to make it, and then anyone besides him. I wouldn't even care to see Barefoot Dave make it, just to
see him get beat. I was actually ready for Tommy and Don to make it to the end. I think that would have been a heck of a match to see.

0 comments: