Saturday, September 15, 2007

Does Solheim Beat Ryder?

As I sit here writing this post, Solheim Cup, Day 2 is in progress in Sweden. Well, maybe not. I don't know about the time difference and all. Annika might be kicked back eating dinner right now and what I'm seeing is on tape delay. But here's my point: I am watching the Solheim Cup, and I might be enjoying it a lot more than I will be enjoying the Presidents Cup in a couple of weeks. Why? I don't know for sure, but my sense is that I am impressed with how much these girls want it. The US Team, over the last two Cups, have given me the impression that I get from the European Team in the Ryder Cup matches. They appear to truly enjoy being there and really want to win for their country and for their own pride's sake. That's what the Men's US Team needs. I don't care who plays in the events. I don't care if Tiger and Phil stay home and play with their kids. I want 12 guys on our team who want to be there and want to win. If nothing else, I will get three days of seeing emotion, instead of the same stone faces that have become prevalent in the past several Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup matches.

0 comments: