Tuesday, September 18, 2007

We Have a Winner

Looks like Tiger pretty much ran away with the inaugural FedEx Cup trophy. I mean seriously, was the really ever any doubt? I bet Tim Finchem and the Tour have been drunk for the past 2 days. I mean, what better way to "validate" your new baby than having the #1 Player in the world win it the first time out. I mean, it's great isn't it? Tiger wins, some other big names were in the hunt, they got a showdown of sorts between Tiger and Phil, new stars were born, and oh yeah, Tiger won. Seriously, with all the criticism the format has taken this past year, I can't think of a better outcome for the Tour and its fans. I really believe this thing can only get better from here. If they can figure out a way to tweak this thing just right so that the big names aren't basically making political, back-door deals to blackmail each other into playing in this thing, and actually get them interested in competing in it, it will be huge. I enjoyed watching the entire playoff series a huge amount more than I thought I would.

Next stop, Presidents Cup.

0 comments: