Friday, September 12, 2008

Cup

Okay, I will freely admit that I've not gotten a lot done at work today, because I have been working on a Ryder Cup style match for my regular weekly foursome.

I'm really excited to spring it on my playing partners Sunday, even though I know my team won't have a chance in Hades on winning. I have ordered trophies to be presented to the winners so that they may display it proudly for the next year as "bragging rights". I plan on this being a yearly event in which the trophies are traded back and forth between winners. I have pretty much conceded this inaugural event to our opponents, but with the knowledge that in the coming seasons, my partner, who is a beginner, will improve exponentially. He's already shown marked improvement this season, so I am already looking forward to next year.

I know no one who reads this probably cares, but I am very excited about this little match I have devised, and had to write about it. More as the competition develops...

0 comments: