Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gator Cup, 5-4

So my team ended up losing the inaugural Gator Cup this weekend, 5-4. It was quite competitive though, moreso than I thought it would be. It actually came down to the approach shots of the final match of the final day to find out if we were at least going to tie, in which case I had planned on having a chip-off to determine the winners.

In a way though I was glad to see a clear winner crowned. I was thinking as I was watching my partner hit his approach into 18 that it would be a shame to decide it with a chip-off, considering the battle both teams had gone through for the past 3 days. It was fitting that there was a winner crowned, and I think anyway that a good time was had by all.

We have already started planning next year's rematch, with others giving input into how they think the matches, rules and so forth should be tweaked to make it even better for next year. In my eyes, that's a clear sign that everyone had a good time with the whole experience, because they are already excited about next year's rematch. I for one can't wait.

I wonder if I can get Boo Weekley to show up and play for my team?

0 comments: