Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Anthony Kim

Cup debut means more to Kim than Tour titles

I have to say, I'm liking this kid's action more and more every day. I understand that he's got one of those 'like him or hate him' personalities, but these days with Tiger's dominance, I have to give props to anyone who comes out and shows that they are actually hungry to win, rather than just make a living. His comment in the BMW a couple of weeks ago only solidified him as a player in my book... "well, I'm not playing for second."

That attitude will serve him well, in my opinion.

And the guy he was chasing, Camilo Villegas, seems to be the same kind of player. Again, he's one of those 'like him or not' kind of guys, and he obviously thinks a lot of himself, but I think that's the attitude you have to have on the modern tour... if you're going to win that is.

I like both of these kids, and I hope to see more just like them in the future. Competition for Tiger can only be good for the game in the long run.

0 comments: