Sunday, August 15, 2004

It's On!!

With the PGA Championship finished, it's now time to turn our attention to the Ryder Cup, and to getting the Cup back.

The 10 qualifiers have now been decided, with Chris DiMarco and Chris Riley pushing Jay Haas and Steve Flesch out of the top 10 with their stellar play at the year's final major. So now all we can do is wait until tomorrow to see who Captain Hal Sutton chooses to round out his team.

In my opinion, the only 2 picks who can be made are Scott Verplank and Jay Haas. Verplank because he has shown consistency the entire year, and Haas for the same reason. Throw into the equation the fact that Haas can add some veteran leadership, and to me it's a no brainer. Being a lefty, I would love to see Steve Flesch on the team, but the fact of the matter is that Flesch didn't do what he needed to do under the pressure. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but a lot of players deserve it. When you only have 2 picks, you can't take everyone.

So that's my picks, and that's also who I think Hal Sutton will choose. We'll see tomorrow. I can't wait.
 

0 comments: