Tuesday, September 16, 2008

News Conferences

I suppose in a way the Ryder Cup starts today, albeit not officially. News conferences start today, for most of the afternoon both today and tomorrow, and although I have my DVR set to record them, I have a feeling I will be skimming through most of the coverage, as I will quickly realize that all I'm going to hear is the same five points over the roughly five hours of coverage. Those points being:

- Phil absolutely must play well, and hopefully his pairing with Anthony Kim will inject a little life into his game (but the fact that Phil doesn't play well is not because he doesn't want to be here, because he loves the Ryder Cup, even though everyone knows he doesn't).

- The Europeans need to find someone for Lee Westwood to get drunk with because Faldo was dumb enough not to take Darren Clarke as a Captain's pick.

- The US Team absolutely has to win this year, but there's no pressure on them at all and no one understands why they play "not to lose".

- Azinger set the course up for our long hitters, because even though we should win because we are more talented individually, we are the underdogs because we can't keep a drive on the golf course.

- J.B. Holmes and Boo Weekley are just "good ole country boys" and everyone gets a kick out of them, especially Boo.

0 comments: