Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 1 Results

In reference to my earlier post about our Ryder Cup style match, Day 1 was yesterday, and I thought I would post results.

Yesterday was 9 holes scramble, and 9 holes better ball, 1 point available in each match. We were playing in windy conditions, so I thought some of the group might want to delay the match until another day. But everyone was game, stating that it was fair for one and all.

The front nine match was a barn-burner, with the lead passing back and forth between teams all morning. In the end, our team managed to win the eighth hole to go 1 up, and we were conceded the ninth for a 2 up win on the front.

At this point I was extremely happy, as my only goal for the entire matches was not to get swept.

On the back, we started out strong, with me winning the 10th hole and my partner winning the 11th. My partner had a 4 footer on the 12th to go three up, but it broke off the world and he missed. At that point, I totally left the game for about three holes. I couldn't get a drive to stay on the course. I put a lot of pressure on my teammate, and we subsequently found ourselves 1 down going into the 16th hole. At that point the wind started kicking up like crazy, and both teams were fighting for their lives for the last three holes. We managed to win the 17th to bring the match back to even, but they won the last for a 1 up victory and a point in match two.

So after Day 1, the matches stand tied at 1-1.

0 comments: